Property management companies manage a variety of properties such as businesses, student housing, apartment buildings, etc. Each property has a unique set of needs and circumstances for managing them. There are tenants to take care of, staff to supervise, facilities to maintain, and files to manage. Historically, property management companies have relied on costly paper documents and time-consuming manual processes to manage their business. Today, property management companies are looking to purchase technology that helps them manage their documents digitally as a way to reduce costs, streamline responses to customer requests, and even enable a remote work environment.
Real Property Management Vancouver (RPMV) is one property management company who chose to digitize their information. They are a full service, property management company, managing both residential and commercial properties. They manage listings for rental properties, tenant agreements, leases, and many other types of documents for these properties. The paper associated with managing business documentation for their 115 properties was quickly getting overwhelming and harming their business. For example, delaying the response times to customer requests. RPMV business executives knew they needed to implement a system that let them digitally manage and centralize documentation for all their properties.
RPMV chose to digitize information using PaperVision® Capture to scan and digitize documents into their cloud information management system, ImageSilo®, for secure storage and retrieval. PaperVision® Enterprise WorkFlow, to automatically route digital documents through workflow steps. Implementing a system that enabled them to digitally manage their documents has drastically improved their ability to effective interact with owners and renters. By ditching their paper documents for electronic files RPMV has been able to:
- Reduce their document retrieval time from hours to minutes.
- Enable a remote work environment essentially overnight in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lower client onboard time from hours to less than 30 minutes.
- Save over a hundred thousand dollars annually in operating expenses.
How else has digitization made property management simple for RPMV? Watch this video to find out and learn about their journey to becoming a digital business.
- Want to learn more about the RPMV story? Click here to read the written RPMV case study?
- Learn all about the PaperVision product suite by visiting this product webpage.
- Click here for an infographic to help grow your digitization knowledge.
- Want to learn more about telework for your organization? Reading this telework whitepaper is a great place to start.
- What makes the PaperVision product suite an award winning content management system? Read this press release to find out!