Healthcare organizations are responsible for managing and maintaining benefit documents for both past and current employees. A benefits department is responsible for retaining these records and responding to requests for information. As you can imagine, using paper records to store and manage benefits information for employees can be a nightmare, especially for larger organizations that store thousands of documents.
Advocate Health Care, the largest healthcare organization in Illinois, receives hundreds of inquiries about pension and retirements benefits each month. For years, records were neatly filed away in the file room. However, as time went on, paper files were starting to overflow into other areas of their facility, hindering growth and affecting their customer service. At that time, it would take weeks for staff members to respond to information requests and it was only going to get worse.
Advocate Health Care worked with Digitech Systems reseller, Datamation, for a solution. They chose to digitize and manage records electronically with ImageSilo®, a cloud-based document management system. Today, Advocate Health Care securely stores and manages thousands of records electronically. The conversion to digital information has dramatically simplified the records retrieval process for the benefits department, saving valuable time and money.
"Staff members are now able to answer requests for information much faster. We would never have been able to build our paperless processes without ImageSilo."
- Susan Marseille, Benefits Specialist, Advocate Healthcare
- How can the PaperVision® product suite benefit your healthcare organization? Download this healthcare benefits sheet to see!
- Can technology help your hospital win an ROI award? Read this Woodstock General Hospital case study to learn more.
- Read this blog post to learn how you have a partner in better patient care.
- Is your healthcare office prepared for the future? Read this healthcare industry brief to find out!
- Visit this webpage to learn how information management systems can help healthcare organizations of all sizes save money and better manage their data.